Sherwood’s community fiber network is here!
Fiber internet is here
Fiber is the future. As our world becomes increasingly connected, it will revolutionize the way we do business, learn and keep in touch. It has potential uses we can’t yet dream of—and it’s coming now to all residents of Sherwood.
We’re thrilled to update you on our progress in bringing local fiber internet to Sherwood—service is currently available to 700 addresses and will be available to an additional 1500 by July 2023!
Progress to date
We sent a mailer to all of Sherwood notifying you of the fiber build and asking you to register your interest.
Here’s what we’ve accomplished since:
- Laid the foundation of our network.
- Deployed service to 14 neighborhoods. (And counting! 7 more neighborhoods will have service by July 2023.)
- Procured the latest generation WiFi 6 routers for customer use.
- Integrated broadband billing into the city’s utility billing systems for added convenience.
Interested? Let us know!
Getting excited? We know we are. While our construction schedule does evolve, we’ll prioritize areas with the highest demand.
To get Sherwood Broadband in your neighborhood sooner, make sure you and your neighbors sign up!
What’s happening in your neighborhood?
Select your area on the map to get the latest info on construction updates and more.
Building for the Future
As technology evolves, it’s important that the city evolve with it and look for smart way to enhance our community, which includes:
- Safety and security systems in our public areas.
- Enhanced Wi-Fi in our parks and open spaces.
- Intelligent control of our city systems.
- Careful planning for future connected technologies that may emerge.
Fiber Projects FAQs
Frequently asked questions about our Fiber Network.
This project’s construction will require the presence of crews in your neighborhood – installing conduits, setting utility vaults, and pulling in fiber-optic cables. We recognize this will impact your neighborhood and we are making plans to limit disruption and inconvenience.
- Our construction crews will be working in areas of Sherwood over the next 24 months.
- In an effort to provide the best experience for our community, City crews will be used for construction.
- Fiber-optic cables will be placed in the ground along streets – there will be minimal digging near residences.